Tips to Prepare for a Move
Make Sure You Have a Solid Plan Before You Start Packing
Moving is about much more than trucks and boxes, it's a life change. Let Speedwell Transportation Inc. help pack, store, and move your belongings. If you prefer to do some research on your own, the top tips below will get you started. They offer helpful information to prepare for your move and what to expect before, during, and afterwards:
- Rid Yourself of Clutter: Moving has presented the perfect opportunity to be able to shuffle through all our belongings. Now is the time to rid your space of clutter and prepare to donate or discard the possessions that you could live without.
- Create a Schedule: Don't be afraid to create a strict schedule and sticking to it to ensure that you have all your items packed and ready to go when needed. This could save you tons of time by not waiting last minute to devise a plan for packing.
- Photograph Electronic Connections: Nothing can be more of a hassle than finally getting all moved into your new place and not being able to hook up that smart player to stream your favorite shows. Photographing the connections before the move can get you connected faster.
- Pack A 1st Night Box: One thing that slips everyone's mind when moving into their new place is where they packed all the items you will need the first night. These items include toiletries, a fresh pair of clothes, and that oh so important coffee pot for morning Joe. Remember to pack all of the things in your 1st Night Box to make that first morning run a lot smoother.
- Safely Pack Your Glass, Ceramic Plates, Cups, and Other Fragile Items: When packing all of your glass and expensive china, be sure to pack these items with impact absorbing items such as foam or other soft items to minimize movement and reduce the chance of damage.
- Avoid Mixing Items From Different Rooms: Keeping items from different rooms packed separate will reduce the hassle of unpacking and not knowing where a particular item belongs.
- Label Your Boxes: This typically goes without saying but forgetting to label a box and its content can really be a head scratched when it comes to unpacking.
Nothing can be more of a hassle than finally getting all moved into your new place and not being able to hook up that smart player to stream your favorite shows. Photographing the connections before the move can get you connected faster.